Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine Day Poem

This is a violet
Roses are red, but violets are not blue,
whoever said otherwise was lying to you.
Doesn't that call into question any mention of affection,
that would appear in a poem in such need of correction?
I didn't buy flowers because I'm too cheap,
I didn't buy you chocolates or candies to eat.
After all, not only does it make you too energetic,
but I love you too much to make you diabetic.
Instead of such gifts I'll write a verse for thee,
Look how delicious we are together
For nothing's so romantic yet totally free!

Of our love, what shall I say that hasn't been said?
You are the jam that sweetens my bread!
You are my recliner after a busy day!
You are the prayer I would always pray!
Ok, the last one doesn't make much sense,
But it means that I love you, don't be so dense.

Though the seasons change you are always there,
Though no one does you always still care.
Well...maybe not always but allow me my mate,
to just this once in the name of love exaggerate.
You are the moon and you are the sky,
It's a pretty metaphor, just don't ask me why.
You are my wish upon a star,
the very embodiment of a Valentine Card!
We're still Valentines, right?
O Lovely, O Dearest, what shall I say to thee?
I shall beg sincerely that you never shall leave.
For then Valentine would be a crummy day,
I'd be without a sunshine when skies are gray.
Through such crappy poetry do you now see,
That next to the dog your everything to me!

I probably should have left out that last part,
but I write what I mean from the depth of my heart.
So be my Valentine, yet once again.
I'll make it worth your while, just don't ask me when.

No comments:

Post a Comment