Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fake Mailbag - fast and furious

It has been a while since I did a mailbag feature, mainly because not enough people were sending in new questions. I came up with my own I think twice to keep it alive. But nothing. But this morning I thought I'd brighten some days with a good rapid fire edition. These ones too are made up mind you, but maybe the rapid fire version with more questions and shorter answers will help re-spark the tradition.
So here it is, back by unpopular demand:

Why does Snape really dislike Harry Potter?
Jealousy, because Harry is one of the few people in the entire HP universe with a normal name, while Snape's mother thought Severus was a good idea (and based on how Harry's father and godfather would make fun of Severus' name, she was wrong).

Will Disney's Star Wars Episode VII be any good?
Will it have light sabers and the opening scroll to John William's theme song? Then it will be good (so long as we don't expect it to surpass the original trilogy).

Was Jesus a Jew?
Is that really a surprise to anyone but neo-nazis anymore?

What's the secret to being a good pastor?
a steady diet of Jesus - consumed and served. And love for the people you serve. That's a pretty good start.

Heard any good knock knock jokes recently?
Here's an Old Testament one:
Knock! Knock! [who's there?] Jay [Jay who?] Well who were you expecting, Hazael? (read 1 Kings 19.17)

What is the worst Harry Potter book?
My least favorite is book three. But book four makes less sense. The first task of the Triwizard tournament is really the most perilous, and Harry who insists he is unprepared for everything and really does not want to participate could have elected to remove himself from the tasks by 1) not showing up (the reaction of Karkaroff when Harry arrives late to the second task indicates they were not expecting him to show even though the Goblet was supposedly a binding magical contract), 2) Diving in the water in the second task and resurfacing immediately, or 3) stepping into the maze of the final task and immediately removing himself by shooting red sparks into the air. Had he done that, Voldemort does not return.

Will you be seeing the movie the Hobbit?
Duh!

Who is playing 3B for the Yankees?
With Arod injured most of the year a defensive minded player who is not seeking multiple years makes the most sense: I could see Jack Hannahan or Scott Rolen filling the void. But I think bringing back Chavez made the most sense, although now he has signed with the Diamondbacks. The team is apparently pushing for Kevin Youkilis. If that is the Yanks top target, then I expect em to get it done, since Youk is unlikely to get more than two years on the market right now anyways.

Nicene or Apostles Creed?
I adhere to 'em both, but I have a bit more love for Nicene. Mainly because I haven't had the opportunity to say it as often as I used to and I miss it, but also because for things like confessing "one baptism for the forgiveness of sins". For what it's worth to Apostles fans Luther did his catechism to the Apostles Creed.

Lincoln or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer?
I haven't seen either movie and I still know how to answer that one: Lincoln is the better movie, Abe Linc Vamp killer the more historically accurate.

That'll do for this edition of rapid fire mailbag. To keep it alive I need questions. Post them in the comment section below. Until then, have a blessed one.
-Armchair Theologian.

No comments:

Post a Comment